Talkback: Top Five Scandinavian Gear Picks

11 messages
19/04/2012 at 17:06
I can vouch for the Woolpower longjohns. I've been experimenting with them under just Paramo Fuera trousers down to temperatures just above freezing. They're warm, very comfy, don't feel restrictive when moving, a great piece of kit. And they are available over here.
19/04/2012 at 21:31
Point of order: the illustrated tent ain't a Nammatj... (looks like a Kaitum GT).
20/04/2012 at 07:31

Never mind the tent, what are those trousers he's wearing?

Roos

20/04/2012 at 09:39

The colour scheme definetly seems right for last years version of Norrona's Falketind flex1 trousers. From the pictures think there'd maybe be some branding you could see on those though.

However fairly sure that there were also multiple bits of ski style clothing in that sort of scheme from at least Haglofs this year (and Norrona at times) so maybe one of those instead. Still the odd shell like that on Haglof's website actually.

20/04/2012 at 12:12
I think the tent is a Nallo 2 or maybe 3 GT not a Kaitum 3 GT.

The trousers are very green. Patagonia made a couple of years ago outdoor clothes of such color. Don't say it is Patagonia (don't know their clothing catalogue or any other one for waht's worth (except a bit mammut))
20/04/2012 at 12:34

Re the Klattermusen Bore.......'This box-wall down sweater was quite simply one of the warmest coats I’ve ever worn, great when not on the move or when taking a break. It was also extremely light thanks to lightweight fabrics and top-notch down filling meaning that it’s perfect for long or short expeditions.

What is 'extremely light' and if that's a key unique selling point why do neither the review nor the manufaturer's details list a weight? (unless of course I've just been a dufus and missed it!)

20/04/2012 at 12:37

A spotter writes:

4 poles, end pair slightly smaller, so it's a Kaitum GT!

20/04/2012 at 13:11

Klattermusen's website gives all the information you'd ever want about it.... They're terribly good that way. 800g net, 300g down.

Those trousers have to be Haglofs as the linked main article says so Actually the OM preview for 2011/12 has a photo of them - here - some sort of windstopper. No name, and gone from the website now of course. Actually since not obvious in their winter catalogue (still online) and no name attached to the tag on the photo they might never have made it.

No doubt due something similar with a totally different name this winter

20/04/2012 at 13:27

Those trousers are...

... green.  Definitely green.

20/04/2012 at 13:42

Thanks Martin, I was being a dufus! and was surprised not to see it from Klattermusen.

I think I mistook the '800' for a fill power value. I have to confess 800gm doesn't compute as 'lightweight' to me, but I guess if it is most extraodinarily warm then gms per 'warmth value' might be good and everything's a trade-off.

Still, 300 gm down fill in 500gm worth of jacket to add up to the 800gm doesn't look anything spectacular in the 'lightweight' stakes, though I'm sure it is a very nice, warm, high quaity jacket.

20/04/2012 at 15:16
Peter Clinch wrote (see)

Those trousers are...

... green.  Definitely green.

Admit that you are tempted

Edited: 20/04/2012 at 15:17
Your say
email image
11 messages