2 Person Trekking Tent

6 messages
19/09/2003 at 14:11
Me and the missus are going to Patagonia next March and need a suitable lightweight backpacking tent that can cope with rain and/or strong winds (although hopefully it won't have to!). I've been looking at the Lightwave T1 Trek as it fits the budget and seems to fit the bill. Any other suggestions/recommendations would be greatfully received.

19/09/2003 at 14:18
Macpac Minaret is a good. bombproof, all-round tent and the spring/summer 04 version is lighter as well, should just about be out by then. Hilleberg Nallo also worth a look, ditto the new tunnel tent by Terra Nova, which was in the news section, but can't remember the name offhand.

OutdoorsMagic Editor | jon@outdoorsmagic.com 

19/09/2003 at 15:32
...Eclipse
19/09/2003 at 15:39
There's also the Hilleberg Nammatj which is more robust than the Nallo and has slighty more room than the current Minaret (for about the same weight).

it's not the cheapest though.

The Mountain Hardwear Muir Trail and the Lightwave G1 and G2 (the semi-geodisic boys) are also worth a look.
23/09/2003 at 23:59
I bought a Lightwave T1 Trek last year and I'd certainly recommend it. Very light and a doddle to put up. It's pretty stable to start with, but you can use the guy lines if the winds really start to howl. And it's a nice colour too....
24/09/2003 at 13:43
I have a Vaude Hogan which is fairly light, exceptionally easy to put up (even for one person in wind) and stands up really well to wind. (it also looks good) And it pitches flysheet first which is good if it's raining.
Your say
email image
6 messages