Elastic loop on gloves?

For ice climbing I believe?

4 messages
03/08/2009 at 13:15

Just been looking at the new ME gloves and noticed that they had the same elastic loop on the outside of the middle finger of each hand like on my BD gloves only slanted. Does anyone know what use they are? I believe it is a feature for ice climbing but am not sure. No-one I know has any ideas since not real iceclimbing mountaineers but more like winter hill walkers with good, over specced gear.

03/08/2009 at 13:53
I think it is a climbing thing, you can use the finger loop to clip your gloves onto a pack etc and the gloves will hang down, so water/snow won't end up getting inside and soaking them (as if would if you used a clip on the wrist).
03/08/2009 at 17:48

Wow! Good thinking. Now just need to feed some dyneema through my sleeves and over my shoulder then attach to the eleastic. Then I'll look like I did when I was 4 with gloves hanging on thread!

03/08/2009 at 21:47

Can confirm that is what it is used for,as i have asked the very same question on OM myself

HERE!! And if you notice im the one that posts the most on it ,well one can not know everything .

DIDDY!!

Dont follow me!!

beacuse i use GPS !!

Your say
email image
4 messages