Glue for sticking rubber to leather

rubber-climbing shoe leather

9 messages
24/04/2011 at 18:54
Anyone know of a glue that sticks rubber to leather? I need to put some rubber (inner tube type) over a leather bit of by climbing shoes that is wearing a little too fast.
24/04/2011 at 19:33
Why not use this stuff to repair the shoe: http://fiveten.com/products/accessories-detail/4280-stealthr-paint-kit

It's ideal for the job, nothing else needed!
24/04/2011 at 22:15
Shoe Goo would do the trick. I've done a few repairs with it in the past and it's very effective. I think McNett Freesole is similar, but I've not used that.
24/04/2011 at 22:55
Impact adhesive should work, and it's highly flexible too
25/04/2011 at 18:53
I've ordered some Shoe Goo from the web, based on various sources. The fiveten stuff looked good, and also on the fiveten website (http://fiveten.com/products/product-search/tag/accessorytype/Resole_m23/) are kits to resole shoes which may be of interest in the future (their included glue  Barge seems an American product, hopfully Shoe Goo is basically the same type of contact adhesive). Thanks for the responses.
10/05/2011 at 17:04

Shoe Goo worked a treat. Used it with the inner tube, cut to shape. Standing up well to use.

10/05/2011 at 20:41
Impact adhesive, i.e. evostick
11/05/2011 at 08:33
I always go to my local old fashioned cobbler first, the repairs only cost a couple of pounds and he knows exactly what to do and what glue etc. to use and also if any repair will work. It does of course help that he is into walking!
01/10/2013 at 21:45

cobbler told me the glue used to adhere leather to rubber is some nasty stuff, and the epa no longer allowes  it to be used in the states, maybe thats why are shoes are not made here

so i am now trying to find a glue for my favorite maine woods boots, uppers are leather and soles are soft rubber

Your say
email image
9 messages