Norrona - Quality or Overpriced?

5 messages
04/05/2012 at 08:22
Hi OM's

I've been looking at Norrona gear and it looks a bit pricey but very well made. Anyone bought any recently. Testimonials always help.

Cheers

Simon

Simey

04/05/2012 at 08:55

Thats quite a good summary of it really.

The really distinctive thing is the cut - consistently longer arms than anyone else. (if slightly variable across their ranges.). Falketind stuff for instance really marked that way. Can certainly tell they're Scandinavian!

If the cut is what you need - as I do - then I'd think worth it in moderation. Or if you love scary colours

I've got/had a  fair bit of it due to that fit and none of it bad, but would say that the value proposition does seem a little bit variable at times. Especially the skiing stuff. The odd piece I'd buy again without thinking though.

One thing worth noting is that Tammarack still stock/import all of their stuff and have periodic 15/20% off sales. Makes it somewhat less painful. 

Any specific things you were thinking of?

04/05/2012 at 15:03

I've got a few bits, more hunting wear than skiing or hiking though

All superbly made and well worth the money IMHO

04/05/2012 at 22:56

Actually maybe a comparison to say Haglofs helps. Similar sort of cost etc, but somehow Haglofs much more consistenly sane.

With Norrona there are definetly some things which end up randomly overpriced (even given their 'reassuringly' expensive norm) and some which make you rather wonder just how sane their designers are

So best to be a little careful.

05/05/2012 at 09:03

"Quality or overpriced?"

The two are not mutually exclusive!

Your say
email image
5 messages