Osprey

Thats service

18 messages
04/05/2011 at 19:08

Heading out Monday morning I noticed that the plastic clip / buckle on my Mutant 38 Hip belt had split along the female section rendering it more or less useless.

I emailed Osprey monday evening when I returned to simply ask if there was a supplier whom I could buy a replacement from - I suspect it was a fault of my own rather than a fault with the materials. Today I received a replacement in the post FOC. Its not a big or costly part, but its saved me a load of aggro in terms of time and effort, and the fact that it was done so quickly without question is great in these current times when most suppliers will eek every last penny out of you.

I noticed a similar post about another supplier lower down the board so maybe the outdoor gear market is upping its game re customer satisfaction! 

04/05/2011 at 20:37
I have a few Osprey packs and this is good to know.
05/05/2011 at 09:36

I have one of the original atmos sacs. The water resistant zip came apart earlier this year. Osprey repaired FOC.

OK the zip shouldn't have failed and it was a hassle and a cost to return the item to the shop, then collect later, but Osprey did the right thing in recognising and correcting (hopefully) the fault despite the age of the sac.

05/05/2011 at 09:48
This is what defines customer service,how they deal with problems not how they deal with you when you are buying.
I have recieved excellent service from many suppliers and manufacturers.I don't honestly feel I've had poor aftersales service from anyone,although I do tend to stick with a small group of suppliers.
05/05/2011 at 14:49
It always worries me everytime I close the boot of my car and my Osprey Pack is inside, the ammount of times I've moved one of the clips well out of the way, just incase I break it (they do seem a bit fragile).  However, this is great to hear just incase it does get damaged.  With me about to buy another smaller pack for summer it really does mean I will stick with Osprey.
05/05/2011 at 22:34
Friend of a Friend wrote (see)
It always worries me everytime I close the boot of my car and my Osprey Pack is inside, the ammount of times I've moved one of the clips well out of the way, just incase I break it (they do seem a bit fragile).  However, this is great to hear just incase it does get damaged.  With me about to buy another smaller pack for summer it really does mean I will stick with Osprey.

I suspect thats exactly what happened to mine , so wasnt expecting the replacement FOC. I'd have been happy with an address to get a new one. It made my day!
25/04/2013 at 22:00

Just want to flag up some excellent service I've just had from Osprey. The rope strap on my Osprey Mutant 38 had started to detach from the front of the pack. The pack has had a lot of use in the 18 months or so that I've had it and I was expecting sorting this out to end up being costly as it's not something I'd want to fail on me when climbing with it. Anyway, I returned the pack to Osprey's UK address in Dorset and they repaired the strap free of charge and returned it back to me within two days of them receiving it.

On the strength of how efficiently they've dealt with this I've just treated myself to an Exos 46 for weekend hiking trips this Summer. Really happy with them and I'm looking forward to using these packs as soon as I can. 

25/04/2013 at 22:44

Yes I have also had excellent customer service from osprey. They sent me a couple of replacement sternum straps because the clip kept coming off (bad design). They were apologetic and quick to send replacements

25/04/2013 at 23:15

It's very reassuring to read these good reports as I have an Osprey pack. What are the contact details for Osprey in the UK?

26/04/2013 at 00:08
26/04/2013 at 02:27

Got to agree wityo caring, Osprey's customer care is excellent l

My two GSDs decided that destroying a number of buckles on the Argon was suitable punishment for me leaving them behind when I went out one morning, I had replacements the next day... All from a note on Ospreys FB page asking for a near by supplier.. Excellent

Are we there yet??

while not entirely illiterate, it seems that my typing ability is somewhat compromised by an apparent inability on my part to push the keys in the correct order, and the inbuilt auto correct facilities determination to confound me at every opportunity .. 

26/04/2013 at 07:48

Yeah Ospreys returns are awesome!  We had a rep in the shop yesterday who said that they make a descisions on the pack within 24hours and let you know whether they are going to repair, replace or charge for repairs.  Then they'll go ahead and fix it the next day and send it back to you the day after or they'll send you a new pack.

Their lifetime guarentee also covers minor things like buckles even if its your fault.  Most people have shut the boot on a buckle accidentally, Osprey know that accidents happen and for the sake of a couple of pennies for a buckle, why wouldn't you send one to a customer for free?  They have a lot of very happy customers because of it.

Osprey are by far the best company for dealing with returns.

26/04/2013 at 08:56
Phil G wrote (see)

http://www.ospreypacks.com/en/web/all_mighty_guarantee

Thanks, Phil - now bookmarked in case I ever need it

26/04/2013 at 12:38

I had an almost identical experience with Lowe Alpine, when I managed to break a buckle.  Immediate free-of-charge replacement, for which I was extremeley grateful. 

26/04/2013 at 18:35

Yip cant praise Osprey enough ive been using there bags for nearly 10 years

had stitching come undone on a talon 22 they replaced the bag free of charge no Qs asked.

i dont buy anything else now, well ok hardly a B/D Speed 30 and a Montane Medusa 32 aside

its hard to see past Osprey on price,features,lifetime warranty and service

29/04/2013 at 14:21

I had an issue a couple of weeks ago when the polarity on my compass was reversed.  The most likely cause was the magnetic clip on my Osprey Hydration Bladder (the bite valve connects to a clip on the sternum strap with use of magnets).  I spoke to somone in Cotswolds about the compass, mentioning my suspicion about the bite valve.  Unknown to me the guy in Cotswold spoke to the Osprey rep and they sent out a new non-magnetic bite valve FOC.

Great customer service from both Osprey and Cotswolds (they offered to fix my compass too). 

Edited: 29/04/2013 at 14:22
29/04/2013 at 15:05

I pulled the magnet out of my bite valve as soon as I got it, stoopid idea in my opinion.  Having said that I am very pleased with all the other Osprey kit I have so far.

Steve

Not all those who wander are lost.

30/04/2013 at 20:49

The airscape back panel in my Talon cracked and folded. I emailed them a picture of it and all they said was "Where would you like the replacement panel sent?".

I own a fair bit of Osprey stuff now partly because of that level of service.

Your say
email image
18 messages