Paramo Fuera Trousers

14 messages
30/04/2012 at 20:34

Ok so looking for anybody who owns or has worn the Fuera Trousers.

Im a massive Paramo fan but very little available locally so all mail order...Are they a tight or loose fit?

Im 32 waist and considerng the medium but would not like a tight fit! I think Im about a 31 leg...med reg montane terra are perfect leg length on me.

Any help appreciated!

30/04/2012 at 21:13

anybody?

30/04/2012 at 21:22
Pretty loose in my experience. I sometimes wear them over light softshell troos in winter and there's still quite a bit of room between the two garments. Pretty typical Paramo fit in other words.
30/04/2012 at 21:42
Thanks for that Guy.
01/05/2012 at 05:30
own a pair of Fuera pants in medium. They are very tight in the waist specifically, tighter than... Velez pants medium, Cascada Pants medium, Merapi pants 32", Cambia underwear medium, Torres pants medium.
So tighter than anything else. To compare with other makes, I got a Montane Slipstream gilet medium which is tight fitting and around the waist I got slack.

32" for Fuera pants medium is going to be a tad tight, if you're bending a lot you might find it troublesome, do-able but if you put on just a bit more weight it will feel quite uncomfortable. Large is massively large. So if you're a fan then just a little focus on the 32" not getting any larger. Say 31" or 30" no problems. You need it very near to your skin on the waist not over any thick clothing.

Leg length, my inside leg is a little shorter than yours and I find the Fuera leg length just-right so you might find a little short.

I love the fabric feel,comfy all-day type, I used them for when its too warm to wear long pants and yet rain chill a bit too cold on lower legs so I use them for summer wet weather, Tough bomb-proof type feel.

For all things Paramo... either get in a deep discount sale, or free return, or try on for fit. There's no logic in their sizing.

PS - the Velez pants are perfect fit but their Torres overtrousers medium I can't lift my leg the thighs are meant for someone with no muscles (hardly outdoors fit hence) and yet I can put both my arms inside the waist so inches spare there, so no common-sense whatsoever in their sizing. Try for size... really recommend you try for size...
14/05/2012 at 18:57

Size medium arrived today and just as heads up to anybody...

They are a massive fit!

I decided on medium based on Paramo size chart and others telling me they are a close fit..Size chart states they will t 'up to' 32 inch waist and reg inside leg is 30in...

Well Im 32 waist and 31 inside leg and I reckon I could fit my kids in with me...the leg seems too long but I think this could be just because the whole cut is too big for me. The waist will easily accomodate a bigger guy than me and I could fit 2 of my legs in each trouser leg.

Small its is for me then!

14/05/2012 at 18:58

Nigel the sizing must have changed or something

14/05/2012 at 19:18
wanderingdave wrote (see)

Nigel the sizing must have changed or something

yes sounds like it. I dug them out, and the problem is not amount of windproof fabric around the waist but a very tight elastic, I have to put a lot of force in to get them to stretch to the point the windproof fabric not bunched by the elastic. So I might be able to fix mine by unstitching a little putting in a length of more elastic.

Edited: 14/05/2012 at 19:23
14/05/2012 at 20:00
Yeah they have def changed then because the elastic on these is very forgiving...even stretched way beyond my 32 in waist the material is not unbunched so cut is def more generous now.
14/05/2012 at 20:09
FYI if I stretch fully its 38" so that tallies with your bagginess as 32" but if I relax the elastic it becomes 24", and its strong elastic. What's yours at max stretch 38" also? What is it unstretched? There are some tie cord too to narrow it further. Could just be a Friday afternoon rushed Colombian mine-only problem.
14/05/2012 at 21:12

Dont have anything handy to measure but will post that on for you tomorrow Nigel.

Yes mine have tie cords too.

Out of curiosity, what colour are yours? They are advertised as dark grey and I thought 'oh well' they will be really boring but mine are actually a lighter grey than I expected...far lighter than the online photos...and they do look really really cool actually...even my better half thought they looked good...and she normally laughs at my outdoor clothing!

Ive tried them on a few times and to be honest...they are really roomy but they are really really comfy. Im beginning to wonder if its just my preference kicking in...I have always seemed to like close fitting stuff on my legs.

I mean I could head into the hills with these no bother as they are...I know that for sure...but I just found that when I have the waist sitting where I like on my own waist...the actual crotch sits low...I can pull them comfortably well above my waist and still do full knee bend...this makes me think they are just too big for me.

I have to say though...they are really really comfy and light. I always thought my Montane Terras were never going to be beaten for light leg wear...but these are in a league of their own...they feel like silk and the double side zips are just the ticket...I imagine venting will be very very good.

And they look really really good. I would wear these to the shops no bother...and thats coming from someone who isnt just old enough yet to give up on the old fashion sense on the high street.

14/05/2012 at 21:20

I agree their next-to-skin qualities are excellent. Lucky you they fit well.

14/05/2012 at 22:24

Yeah well...I think the small will be a better fit.

Are yours grey as well Nigel? Or are they really dark like all the online photos?

15/05/2012 at 00:42

held up to laptop screen, the real pants make the online image look blue. Lighter but not much. I'd call it a dark grey.

Not sure if it is needed, but I immediately from new have them a Techwash soaking rinse and a TXDirect wash rinse. Jon at WWD said it helps just add a tad of proofing to seams and zips.

Your say
email image
14 messages