Storey Arms webcam gone?

not listed on traffic wales

4 messages
25/02/2012 at 09:03
Just wondering if anyone knows if this is permanent?

As opposed to it not working, the location doesn't appear in the list of cameras on the traffic wales site.

Should we set up an OM cam, to observe conditions?
13/01/2015 at 12:07

I know I posted this a while ago, but no updates...still not available from Traffic Wales - but there is definitely a camera there - passed by it this morning!!

13/01/2015 at 12:22

I don't know, MtnGeek. I'm not sure it was a Traffic Wales webcam or whether they got the feed in from somewhere else.

It's been snowing in Merthyr this morning, but my source says it's stopped now and there's no usable depth. More snow forecast for later though.

If you find the webcams for Dowlais and Dowlais Top, they'll give you the best idea of snow conditions up that way in lieu of the Storey Arms webcam, along with the BBNP webcams at Libanus and Craig y Nos.

13/01/2015 at 15:56

Hi,

Interestingly, the worst roads for weather don't appear to be covered by CCTV cameras any more (certainly not available to the public). Over Penderyn moor (where I went this morning and came back), or over from Sennybridge to Ystradgynlais.

Coming down VERY nicely in Brecon right now, but nothing showing on the other side of the mountain traffic cameras...

Your say
email image
4 messages