TGO Osprey Rucksack Offer

11 messages
04/05/2012 at 12:34

If anyone is thinking about the TGO Magazine subscription offer of a free Osprey Kestrel 28 Rucksack, as advertised in the latest issue and (still) on their website then, like me, you've probably missed the boat.

I rang the subscription dept today to be told that they had already run out of the rucksacks. They did offer to take my details just in case they get any more in, but it doesn't sound too hopeful

04/05/2012 at 14:59

Signed up a week past Wedensday and got the pack yesterday. I need to get therapy for my kit realted OCD! My better half suggested that I needed another pack like a hole in the head but I convinced her that this was free despite the subscrition  

04/05/2012 at 15:47

TBH I didn't really need the pack either but it seemed to good to miss. Trouble is everyone else seems to have had the same thought!

I guess there are going to be whole herds of walkers out on the hills this summer proudly sporting their shiny new Osprey Kestrels!

04/05/2012 at 20:30
Looks like I might have missed out...
05/05/2012 at 20:10
Seems to be small print with all the magazine offer like this. One offer I saw said that as an alternative they could give you 2 magazines. Well whoppee bloody doo.

So a choice of £8 or so in paper or an much more expensive freebee that would be useful. Tough call
05/05/2012 at 23:03
Balls, applied to day...guess I'll be cancelling on Tuesday then!
07/05/2012 at 12:42
Is it possible to cancel or ask for a different gift?
07/05/2012 at 13:06

Taz - I don't know. They didn't offer me an alternative, but just said they would ring me if they got any more rucksacks in. If they don't, I'll just hang on until one of their future offers appeals to me

09/05/2012 at 23:05
Purchased a TGO mag the end of April and noticed the Rucksack Offer so ordered via the web.  On receiving confirmation of my order rang to "reserve" one in M/L and told this would be OK.  Today had a phone call with the bad news that no more Kestral packs were available however the good news was that I was offered a Stratos pack as an alternative which I accepted provided it was size Large.  Now waiting to see what turns up.
23/05/2013 at 19:36

Does anybody know when they stopped advertising the Osprey offer on the web?  I subscribed (via the web) in mid April, but haven't heard  anything about the Rucsac from them at all. I certainly haven't received anything yet.  If it is the case that they were out of stock then, and they continued to advertise the offer, then isn't it fraudulent to keep advertising it and taking peoples money?

28/05/2013 at 04:09

My Mrs saw the ad via facebook, and subscribed as a gift for me the same day. The rucksack turned up within a week, a fortnight before the first issue and a month before the direct debit payment was taken. It was a lovely thought, but I had to tell her I already had a Mutant 38... so she's put it on eBay.

A mate at work also subscribed, receved it quickly, and loves his. Regardless of TGO running out, they are superb bits of kit.

On TGO, they really are miles ahead of Trail in the writing stakes btw. This months issue is excellent.

Your say
email image
11 messages