Cumbrian PC tribute

3 messages
20/11/2009 at 22:40

Just a little message to pay tribute to the brave Cumbrian police officer who was killed in the early hours of this morning. Bill Barker died helping others when the Workington bridge collapsed beneath him. Thoughts go out to his family and friends, as well as everyone else who has been affected by these floods. Lets hope that the water levels lower as soon as possible.

Its a shame that such horrible things have occured in a place where only good memories should come from.

Care to everyone walking this weekend

20/11/2009 at 22:47
Fran nice of you to post does keep alive that their are still people out their willing to risk them selves for others! Makes me proud to be a police officer
PGJ
20/11/2009 at 23:34

...and so you should be Stuart.

Yes Fran, a very good post, tragic that this should have happened. Just shows the risks that the police and other emergency services take all the time.

No doubt more than a few people owe their lives to the police and other emergency services these last couple of days.

From what I have seen on the local news which has covered things in some detail, all emergency services have been supberb.

Also worth a mention is the member of the public who was walking his dog (i beleive) and realised there was something wrong with the bridge so called the police then imediately prevented traffic crossing the bridge from the side he was on. He probably saved lives as well.

Your say
email image
3 messages