Flamingo Land

Easter Holiday Camping 95 pence a night

1 to 20 of 28 messages
06/04/2012 at 10:16

Hi

I dont suppose anyone is planning to go to Flamingo Land with the kids this Easter and Camping is there?

We are thinking of going on Monday have seen a great offer in the Daily Mirror Camping for 95p a night. But looking at the weather???? I dont want to be the only tent on the site so if any of you guys with tents up for it please get back.

Happy Hols

06/04/2012 at 10:59
"Flamingo Land" the mind boggles!
06/04/2012 at 11:04

Hi Bedouin

I know......but Children have got to entertained and as much as they like yomping over the hills or remote places they also like the attractions on offer at FL.

06/04/2012 at 11:11

HI Bedouin

sorry have just read your question on Electrical kit and what people use either spare batts or solar, just for info I use the Guide 10 Adventure kit plus see link below its very good recently on a yomp over the moors I had it with me and in minimal sunlight it recharged my mobile phone fully, very impressed.

http://www.goalzero.com/shop/p/79/Guide-10-Adventure-Kit/1:1/

06/04/2012 at 11:21

**** off, herman, you've been reported as a spammer and should shortly be obliterated.

06/04/2012 at 11:22
You're one step in front of me Kate .
06/04/2012 at 11:43
If we didn't live so far away we would, looks perfect for kids.
06/04/2012 at 11:55
Thanks for the positive reply Addick it will help when I make decision to go or not the site requires 48 hours notice and you have to book by end of play today. what have you planned for the Easter Break? I have two night shifts to get through then away Monday Morn hopefully
06/04/2012 at 11:57
Rocket, didn't need it in a derogatory way just thought what a strange name to call a theme park.

As of the solar charger thing I've had about 3 and all have been so unreliable that I've ended up having to carry batteries as well so it kinda dawned on me why the hell was I paying £££ for a solar charger and then still having to hump batteries about as well hence no more solar chargers for me.
06/04/2012 at 12:00
rocket wrote (see)
Thanks for the positive reply Addick it will help when I make decision to go or not the site requires 48 hours notice and you have to book by end of play today. what have you planned for the Easter Break? I have two night shifts to get through then away Monday Morn hopefully

Chatham Dockyard

National Maritime museum, Titanic exhibition

Footy monday

06/04/2012 at 12:47

Ha, Ha whos playing footy on Monday Addick?

06/04/2012 at 14:36
rocket wrote (see)

Ha, Ha whos playing footy on Monday Addick?

The clue's in the name
06/04/2012 at 15:00
Good luck against Walsall , only 6 points behind you.

Include a little history in your walks. Pecsaetan - Ancient Derbyshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire - http://pecsaetan.weebly.com/

06/04/2012 at 17:32
twiglegs wrote (see)
Good luck against Walsall , only 6 points behind you.

Thankyou very much
06/04/2012 at 20:35
Bedouin wrote (see)
Rocket, didn't need it in a derogatory way just thought what a strange name to call a theme park.
Not all that strange if you know its history and beginnings as a zoo housing, among other things, flamingos...   I remember driving (well, being driven) past Flamingo Park Zoo on the way to the Yorkshire coast many times in the sixties and seventies. (I don't remember ever stopping there!) Of course businesses evolve and rebrand over the years...
06/04/2012 at 20:48
What Matt C said, went a few times in the seventies, including primary school trips, before it was "improved" to a theme park!
07/04/2012 at 09:56
Cheers Matt C, was wondering how many teenage and younger boys would want to be associated with going to Flamingo Land. Would have thought that in these strange days that they would have re-branded to have a more 'neutral' name. If at the end of the day they make money etc with Flamingo Land then more power to them.
07/04/2012 at 10:39
Last time I went to Flamingo Land it must have been 20 odd years ago, whatever you do don't go and see the big cat enclosure as it'll break your heart. Hopefully they've improved it by now but I've never seen animals living in such squaller and looking so miserable.

It was enough to put me off visiting zoos ever again.

07/04/2012 at 10:47
07/04/2012 at 11:47
It might be different now, I doubt they could get away with it these days, 20ft concrete walls all round, bare dirt instead of grass and a filthy honking green coloured cess pool for a lake. There was litter all over the place so I doubt the keepers ever went in there.

It was no wonder the poor sods looked miserable they had bugger all to see or do.
1 to 20 of 28 messages