North York Moors Meet Fri 29 June - Sun 1 July 2012

3rd Annual NYM Meet

1 to 20 of 162 messages
01/01/2012 at 21:36

Yes I know it's only January but with all this miserable weather I need something to look forward to!

Having had two excellent meets in 2010 and 2011 this year's NYM meet will take place at Newton-on-Rawcliffe over the weekend of Friday 29th June - Sun 1st July.  Part of the reason for planning so far ahead is that TBW and I have booked a self catering cottage for ourselves and the kids for the full week up to Fri 6th July.

Camping is available as at the excellent campsite at the White Swan, Newton-on-Rawcliffe .  More details in previous threads above.

Hope to see those who have been in previous years as well as anyone else who fancies some easy walking, a nice pub with good food and beer, steam trains and of course good company!

01/01/2012 at 21:52

Does that mean you're gonna be hosting us one night?

Hope to come up for what seems to be becoming a fab annual event. But depends when we go to Ireland.

01/01/2012 at 22:08
Count me in, assuming I'll be somewhere within reach
01/01/2012 at 22:14
Metric Kate wrote (see)

Does that mean you're gonna be hosting us one night?

Aye, that'll be right!  Why do think there's no link to the cottage we've booked!
01/01/2012 at 23:43

Ireland, MK?

Work, play or meet?

I know Stephen and I would like to have a Kerry meet, between mid April/start of June.

It all depends on when Stephen and I can arrange to be off at same time.

It's a bit easier for me, at least up to end of June to September. That's when I'm at my busiest, peak Holiday season. I can be booked up that whole time, with up to 7 dogs to mind at home and others to walk.

In the mean time, after Wicklow meet, I might see if anyone would be interested in a meet in Mournes.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS.

Walk, climb, camp. Just get out there

02/01/2012 at 17:23
Count me in for this one please - I've missed the previous ones!
02/01/2012 at 18:10
Excellent Milly and Mini Mal!  Hopefully this year's meet will be as good as the last two that you've missed!
02/01/2012 at 18:11
huskyman wrote (see)

Ireland, MK?

Work, play or meet?

My annual fortnight's holiday in Kerry with aged parent.
02/01/2012 at 19:21

Ah.

No climbing Cara. by Bencarragh Ridge then.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snake bite..... and furthermore always carry a small snake.   W.C.FIELDS.

02/01/2012 at 19:29
I generally get out for a good mountain day in the Reeks with a friend who lives in Killorglin and is a stalwart of the Laune Mountaineering Club
02/01/2012 at 20:41

Now den......

That gives me an idea, (don't have many!!).

If your day out can be a Sat. or Sun. Dates are suitable for other people, that could be the time for a OM Kerry weekend meet?

Sorry to hijack AT's meet.

Paul.

02/01/2012 at 21:04
Can't make any plans I'm afraid, Husky. My mum has a form of dementia and I can't guarantee that I can leave her, so can only make decisions at short notice.
02/01/2012 at 21:19

Sorry to hear MK.

Maybe if we can arrange a meet in Kerry and your able to to get there

If not, someother time.

03/01/2012 at 16:27

OK, I've checked with the White Swan and they have asked that folk do the same as previous years and quote "Outdoors Magic" when booking a pitch so they can keep everyone together.  Tariff is £7 per person per night with individual pitches.  I don't think it will be full at that time of year but when folk know they can definitely make it it is probably worth booking in advance so you know you have definitely got a pitch.

Ignore the bit on the website about no large groups - they obviously know we've been before and will behave ourselves (and do spend a fair bit in the pub over the weekend)!

03/01/2012 at 16:45
That's all very well, AT, but what are we going to do about sunday breakfast?!!!
03/01/2012 at 17:04
Just noticed the date of your post AT, I may be down in Englandshire then, normally there is not a lot of weekend work first thing unless they are trying to get something finished ( if you're needed, you work ), it also depends on when I can get my peat in if its a wet season ( like the year just past ). I wouldnt want to commit until  a week or two before the date. Is it like Beths back yard then .
Edited: 03/01/2012 at 17:05
03/01/2012 at 17:10
Metric Kate wrote (see)
That's all very well, AT, but what are we going to do about sunday breakfast?!!!

LOL!  I'm sure someone will provide a breakfast equally as good as TBW's!

alexander rae wrote (see)
Just noticed the date of your post AT, I may be down in Englandshire then, normally there is not a lot of weekend work first thing unless they are trying to get something finished ( if you're needed, you work ), it also depends on when I can get my peat in if its a wet season ( like the year just past ). I wouldnt want to commit until  a week or two before the date. Is it like Beths back yard then .
That would be brilliant if you can make it Alexander, not sure what the reference to Beth's back yard is though?
03/01/2012 at 17:12
Beths back yard is similar to a billard table .
03/01/2012 at 17:16
Ah right!  Yes, it's a very flat and well organised site.  Good sized pitches that take a decent sized tent and a car.  No extra charges for cars either unlike some sites!
03/01/2012 at 17:24
No, I mean the surrounding area .
1 to 20 of 162 messages