Hi everyone!!!

11 messages
23/12/2011 at 18:57
Hello outdoors magic and all the folk!

I'm a keen outdoors enthusiast and mainly into trekking, scrambling and wild camping. I've been to the alps and have been gripped by the sheer size and quality of the mountains. I happily solo'd Mont Blanc last year in my first season and plan to cover the Eiger, Monch & Jungfrau next summer.

Always happy for a days walk in the peak district or a week in the snow up in the Cairngorms!

Hope evryone is well and to anyone that reads have a lovely christmas and New Year
23/12/2011 at 19:06
Welcome Darkskys, there are a few in here that have been abroad, I just wander about though and at times get as far as England .
23/12/2011 at 19:21
Welcome and all the best too

Dont follow me!!

23/12/2011 at 19:37
hello and welcome
24/12/2011 at 06:31

Hi Darksys,

Welcome to OM

24/12/2011 at 07:06
Morning Nick, you still on warmer shores ,
24/12/2011 at 08:07

Morning Alexander,

Sadly not, I flew in Thursday evening and am trying to wrap presents and struggle with jetlag - entirely my own fault.

Still, the leaves have gone from the trees and I can see the river again, just.

How are you?

24/12/2011 at 08:48

Ok thanks, back at home on West Coast again, breezy today < getting windier >

Milly & Maria were in the house ( holiday home ) for a week, I havent met them before, nice to meet some of the folk you talk to on here . Seen MK, AT, TBW, Nicky &Jamie last year ( think it was last year ) and went up Slioch with them

You get to meet folk off OM, nick ?

Milly seems to set up loads of meets

24/12/2011 at 09:00
No, I've never made it to an OM meet although it is my firm intention to make it to a meet one day.
24/12/2011 at 09:12

There seem to be loads around < not many up here,  and I'm away in the summer >

Milly,Maria & Kate < to name a few > seem to know what's going on mostly .

23/03/2012 at 07:13
Welcome, It's nice to see how enthousiastic someone comes after one season holliday in the mountains. You might pick up some serious alpine mountaineering/rock climbing, glacier courses... Mont Blanc you can walk to the top, it's a fairly straight forward mountain top with only a small couple of trouble points (couloir, seracs and the height. No real technical climbing involved depending on routes. But still people die on it (mostly of weather changes and bad preparation).... Eiger however does involve technical climbing, it's a total different category to climb and way more easy to die on if you do not know what you're doing... So far mountaineering as a nice and easy hobby.
Edited: 23/03/2012 at 07:16
Your say
email image
11 messages