New outdoor activity provider saying Hi!

7 messages
21/12/2011 at 14:38
Hi everyone! We are www.goactivities.co.uk - a new site from GO Outdoors. We know all of you are into some sort of activity or sport, so really this isn't a spam moment but just a place to stop by and get to meet our potential customers as humans- not just as sales figures!

I want to treat this like the forum it is- so I wont be linking about offers and deals but just joining in the conversation. I wanted to be honest about who we are- don't want a moment like this.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16084861)

I hope that's cool by all of you!

Our warmest regards for the new year and a happy, active (ish) xmas time

Elaine @ GO Activities xxx
21/12/2011 at 14:53

Hi Elaine - welcome from me.  Just read the About us on your site.   Great story!  I guess you are the Elaine mentioned.

I initially thought there'd be nothing for me on your site as I do what I do now with outdoor activiies & just get on with it, rather than paying someone for an experience but I did see some stuff us as a family may like outside of the usual walk/camp/bike stuff. 

21/12/2011 at 14:55
Yeah it's meant to be a bit different - like the walking stuff and some higher level of experience required mountain days and all sorts of stuff like that. We still do the paintballing and shooting stuff though - plenty of people wouldn't dream of getting outdoors unless they got to shoot something to smithereens! (Worrying state of affairs...)

;)

Hope you do take a look in the new year. Glad you like the story too. It's pretty small at the moment but if 2012 isn't the end of the world we should do okay...
21/12/2011 at 15:44

Hi Elaine, it's cool by me - you're up front about who you are and why you're posting.  Also, I'm generally well disposed to GO cos I've had good service from the Coventry shop and picked up some bargains online too.

At any rate, you'd have to be ruthlessly manipulative, horribly cynical and wildly opportunistic to come within a country mile of being even a quarter as rebarbative and despicable as those creeps at Bell Pottinger.

21/12/2011 at 16:03
O.K I'll get the ball rolling......

Noted on your site that you offer ski practice in Milton Keynes. As I'm looking to improve my ski skills seems to be the perfect match for me.

Unfortunately the site is very sparse on actual details of whats begin offered i.e lesson length & structure, class sizes, equipment costs etc. It does have a 'buy Now' button though

Anyway good luck with the venture I'll be looking into this further in the new year.
24/02/2012 at 09:22

Hi,

looking forward to my new year treat to myself on Sunday through you guys - the photography course in the Peak District

And so far your customer service has been top notch

I'll provide feedback

Paul 

24/02/2012 at 10:07
Hi Elaine. Already following you on Twitter and FB and think we've conversed there too. Always have been helpful and friendly. Welcome to the site.
Your say
email image
7 messages