Easter

1 to 20 of 30 messages
15/03/2012 at 17:23
Anyone have any plans?
15/03/2012 at 18:02
Belize
15/03/2012 at 18:12
Whatever etherial dreamland my Dihydrocodeine takes me.

Include a little history in your walks. Pecsaetan - Ancient Derbyshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire - http://pecsaetan.weebly.com/

15/03/2012 at 18:17
Hoping to just be coming home from Egypt the day before.
15/03/2012 at 18:52

Have tent...will travel.

Conditions may dictate whether the Allak or the Nallo come along.

15/03/2012 at 20:17

http://s3.outdoorsmagic.com/members/images/67186/gallery/ullswater.jpg?width=350&height=263&mode=max

Spent six days last Easter in the Lake District during a week of unbroken sunshine, which was great but can't expect the same weather two years running!
Edited: 15/03/2012 at 20:20
15/03/2012 at 20:23
Explorer wrote (see)

http://s3.outdoorsmagic.com/members/images/67186/gallery/ullswater.jpg?width=350&height=263&mode=max

Spent six days last Easter in the Lake District during a week of unbroken sunshine, which was great but can't expect the same weather two years running!
Ulswater Glennriding....sweet.
15/03/2012 at 20:47
^Well spotted!
Edited: 15/03/2012 at 20:47
15/03/2012 at 22:42

Got to check what's on the cards weather wise actually, last time I saw an update, signal was for cooler and less settled conditions to replace the current HP dominated situation...

16/03/2012 at 04:20
Moonlight Shadow wrote (see)

Got to check what's on the cards weather wise actually, last time I saw an update, signal was for cooler and less settled conditions to replace the current HP dominated situation...

better stay home then
16/03/2012 at 06:12
Addick wrote (see)
Moonlight Shadow wrote (see)

better stay home then
16/03/2012 at 08:04

Meanwhile, back on topic ...

I'm off to the southwest car-camping over Easter - bit of coast path, bit of moorland, bit of doing sweet fuck all. 

16/03/2012 at 08:33
Depending on weather we may go to Wales. I would like to go to Torridon, but I am not sure that I can persuade the rest of the family. My winter climbing technique of set off at 6pm, take it in turns to drive through the night and do the trip in one push doesn't seem wildly popular with the "Are we nearly there" contingent
16/03/2012 at 10:09
Planning to car camp near Dolgellau on Easter Sunday and then spend the following week walking some of the southern peaks in the National Park. Cadir Idris, Aran Fawddwy, Y Garn, Dyffwys and may be Rhinog Fawr and Fach.
16/03/2012 at 10:31
That bastard Skip wrote (see)

Meanwhile, back on topic ...

I'm off to the southwest car-camping over Easter - bit of coast path, bit of moorland, bit of doing sweet fuck all. 

i'm just doing the last bit, Easter and August bank holiday are probably the worst times to go anywhere in Britain.
16/03/2012 at 10:31

The way I plan things... Easter is still a very long time away!

In the past few years, for some reason, I've occasionally ended up on Spanish territory around Easter, such as Andalucia or Mallorca, and on top of all the great walking opportunities, it's also a time of wonderful cultural extravaganzas. Easter processions involve a cast of thousands, including pointy-hatted 'penitentes', drum bands, brass bands, and every civic and voluntary organisation in town, all in uniform. Sometimes there are fireworks too. Centre-piece of every procession are huge platforms bearing statues, carried on the shoulders of dozens of hefty blokes. I once had a balcony view of a procession from a hotel window at the end of a long trek. Channel-hopping through the TV in the room, there was wall-to-wall coverage of similar processions all over Spain, and the TV commentators were chattering away as if they were commenting at a horse-race!

16/03/2012 at 10:50
The trip to Belize is our annual family holiday and going at Easter makes best sense as July/August is into hurricane season.
We are going so hubby can get in the diving he missed last year when he 'fell off' a mountain in NZ, tearing a large hole in his arm, -just 2 days before a pre-booked dive trip to Fiji. NZ doctors said no diving, and he didn't want to become shark fodder.
This will be our last big trip abroad. Money won't stretch anymore.

So come the summer tents and bothies will rule!! -probably mostly Cairngorms which we've neglected up until now.
16/03/2012 at 10:56
cathyjc wrote (see)
Money won't stretch anymore.

Making credit cards out of plastic was just plain wrong.

They should have been made out of elastic!

16/03/2012 at 11:21
16/03/2012 at 11:36
I know what you're saying Addick. Roads are jammed solid with uncle Tom Cobley an' all.

I'm travelling from Wiltshire to Cheltenham for a family gathering on the Saturday, so thought I might as well keep heading north west on Sunday. Hopefully the southern end of Snowdonia won't be too crowded throughout the following week.
1 to 20 of 30 messages