Lift Wanted (please)

12 messages
18/07/2009 at 18:29

Hello

I'm trying to get from Kendal to Glenridding at the end of the month for a week's walking in the Lakes. The only problem is that all buses tend to stop running at around 5pm and i wont be arriving in kendal until 8pm (due to a 7 and a half hour bus journey from Bristol) I can't drive yet as im a student and cant afford to learn at the moment. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fran

p.s if anyone HAPPENED to be going through that area, could you let me know please? x

Edited: 18/07/2009 at 18:35
18/07/2009 at 18:43
Fran wrote (see)

Hello

I'm trying to get from Kendal to Glenridding at the end of the month for a week's walking in the Lakes. The only problem is that all buses tend to stop running at around 5pm and i wont be arriving in kendal until 8pm (due to a 7 and a half hour bus journey from Bristol) I can't drive yet as im a student and cant afford to learn at the moment. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fran

p.s if anyone HAPPENED to be going through that area, could you let me know please? x

Please bear in mind the safety points I raised in that other thread please Frances. Like the not travelling by lift alone ok.
18/07/2009 at 18:58
yeah i know trevor, il be with a friend though. and im just collecting possibilites at the moment.thanks
18/07/2009 at 19:03
No worries! As I said before, felt I had to put that in here not just for your good self, but too for all the other young ladies out there that might get the same transport ideas from reading this OM thread. They have quite a long life these threads on the forum here you know!
18/07/2009 at 19:23
If you get a lift off someone from on here your biggest danger is getting bored to death hearing about the latest shiny things and how to make them lighter
18/07/2009 at 19:50

made me laugh Dave

Fran

Why not stay in the YHA Kendal overnight then continue by public transport in the morning.

18/07/2009 at 19:52
thats what i was thinking, good suggestion Dave this is why i need to be able to drive! x
18/07/2009 at 20:34
It's also vital you find out their viewpoint on Paramo v GoreTex/eVent prior to accepting any offer
18/07/2009 at 22:01

I might be heading up there and would be able to give you a lift, but I don't know yet -  I live in Lancaster, and tend to decide to head up there at the last minute (either the day before or the same morning).

What day will you be there?  If it's a Fri/Sat/Sun it's more likely I'll be around.

Anyway, PM me if you like - at the end of the day, I am happy to use giving you and your mate a lift as an excuse for getting myself up there, if I'm not specifically planning to anyway.

I don't talk about gear either, but I may bore you to death on other subjects - also, I hail fom down Bristol way (Wiltshire), so we could bore each other to death with West Country anecdotes...  Give me a shout if you don't get anything sorted.

Edited: 18/07/2009 at 22:02
18/07/2009 at 23:35
Michael S wrote (see)

I might be heading up there and would be able to give you a lift, but I don't know yet -  I live in Lancaster, and tend to decide to head up there at the last minute (either the day before or the same morning).

What day will you be there?  If it's a Fri/Sat/Sun it's more likely I'll be around.

Anyway, PM me if you like - at the end of the day, I am happy to use giving you and your mate a lift as an excuse for getting myself up there, if I'm not specifically planning to anyway.

I don't talk about gear either, but I may bore you to death on other subjects - also, I hail fom down Bristol way (Wiltshire), so we could bore each other to death with West Country anecdotes...  Give me a shout if you don't get anything sorted.

Me too
18/07/2009 at 23:40

I hope Michael or Diddy can sort you out

You haven't said which day you're planning to travel, but if they can't help, please call me (Sheila) at The Mountain Factor, Ambleside (015394 32752 - I'd rather not give out my mobile). I'm there most weekdays (apart from Tu, Th pms) and live in Windermere  so may be able to help if they can't

19/07/2009 at 10:47

Brilliant stuff Michael, Diddy, and Sheila! Many thanks.

Frances, Penelope Pitstop!!! Good choice of cartoon there!

Your say
email image
12 messages