The Way

Movie

8 messages
11/02/2012 at 17:16
Wondering if its worth renting the movie "The Way" staring Martin Sheen.

Edit: Just found out £3.49 and having to watch "footloose 2011" is at stake.... no brainer!

Any still appreciate any thoughts on "The Way"
Edited: 11/02/2012 at 17:25
11/02/2012 at 18:56
Imdb gives it a 7.2 whihbisn't a bad score
11/02/2012 at 19:13
I thought it was a good film not your ordinary walk but enjoyable none the less.
james nesbit is a great actor too imo so go and enjoy.

Dont follow me!!

beacuse i use GPS !!

11/02/2012 at 21:20

I recently saw a rather garbled and badly-edited trailer clip for the movie that left me struggling to decide whether or not it was worth watching.

On the other hand... I like the trail!

12/02/2012 at 10:05
Thanks guys, so not too bad.... I've rented it and we'll be watching it this evening thoughts later.
03/03/2012 at 07:27

I watched this and enjoyed it.  Some great scenic shots of the area and with a small cast it was quite personal.

It was a film I had been waiting to see and I was not disappointed.

If only there were more days in the week so I could spend more time out there.

03/03/2012 at 09:59

"Great scenic shots" would be a plus point.

"Small cast" would make it look a bit odd.

The Camino de Santiago has a cast of thousands, and that's one of my abiding memories of the trail. With 300 people per day joining the trail in the peak summer period, and with lots more joining for shorter treks the closer you get to Santiago, it really does get very busy. For it to look 'authentic', it would really need lots of 'extras' shuffling along in the background, regardless of what the film's main characters were doing.

Oh... and it would need a noticeable number of Koreans too. Ever since the Korean journalist Suh Myung Sook wrote about the Camino de Santiago in 2006, everyone has commented on the number of Koreans now walking the route!

03/03/2012 at 14:34
Ended up getting a funny look from my SO when I showed her the film but she ended up enjoying it more than I did. The only silliness was the pack falling into river etc etc.

Martin Sheen was good but the fat Dutch bloke completely stole it for me.

Just to say that I still have absolutely no interest in doing this walk
Your say
email image
8 messages