Travel Tap via Amazon

Home Delivery Network did not deliver deliver

8 messages
08/07/2011 at 21:29
I Read good things about the travel tap so with my birthday approaching and my wife unwell I got to buy my own pressies!

I added a Travel Tap to my order easy peasy lemon squeezy. or not in this case.

The other items arrived ok but the travel tap did not. I checked again this evening - sorry but hospital etc got in the way the rest of the week - ready to have my wife give to the kids to wrap. oh dear amazon tracking said it was delivered on Wed!!!

The problem is it was sent via via HDNL who have form for p1ss poor service.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2010/11/hdnl_delivery.html

I called HDNL... thye said it had been posted through the letter box!!!. I pointed out it could not have been as it would not fit through a letter box. there reply OH errr the depot will need to speak to the driver.

what a pain.

I have been on to amazon as well. They should not be using these cowboys!

08/07/2011 at 21:31

I've had a few issues with them but in fairness they've been ok in the past year. I remember lots of problem getting something delivered and fired a very irate email to Amazon. Day after, everything was sorted...

08/07/2011 at 21:58
I expect a refund from amazon. I will probably get a travel tap from elswhere later in the year. My steripen arrived and birthday is on Monday and I don't have the energy to deal with this shower of idiots.

As I doubt I will get a chance to take my youngest on a wild camp this summer its not that important I get one.

Amazon should value their reputation more, why they are dealing with a company like this is beyond me.

Companies spend a fortune on brand recognition and here we see one squander it on partnering with poor organisation...daft! A lost sale, lost future sales and a disgruntled customer, not a good business strategy in these hard economic times.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=330981
09/07/2011 at 12:30

Get it from Uncle Bob (backpackinglight.co.uk).

He is not the cheapest on the interweb but his service is second to none.

10/07/2011 at 08:58
With couriers you are at the mercy of the final delivery agent. Often this can be a self employed "Man with a Van". Even with companies that use their own staff you are still at the mercy of the staff in the local depot. Whilst I can'r fault Podcast Bobs service, the company he uses to deliver seem to have problems actually delivering to us. Can't remember which courier it is ATM, but several times they have claimed to try and deliver stuff (not just from Bob) and left a note because no one was in, when they haven't been anywhere near us. I suspect that we are near the end of their run and if it's late they just return to base.

Bob says he chose them because he found them to be the most reliable, which they probably are for most people. However, the staff in our local depot are a waste of space.
10/07/2011 at 12:01
Did you actually order the Tap from amazon themselves, or just through amazon from (say) Drinksafe Systems?

Amazon give you the option of Royal Mail Delivery, or free (slower) delivery. Which did you pick?
10/07/2011 at 14:47
my Amazon invlice says sold by: drinkSAFE-systems (seller profile)

"Items Ordered Price
1 of: Travel Tap micro purification filter water bottle [Misc.]
Condition: New
Sold by: drinkSAFE-systems (seller profile)
£32.95
Amazon Prime: One-Day Delivery is free"

BTW The owner of drink-safe has expressed his concern and will be contacting Amazon so I think the problem is Amazon and not Giles.

"We are appalled that your item was not delivered and will be contacting
Amazon on Monday.

When third party courier deliveries fail to live up to our customer
expectations we all take a hit - note that Amazon have immediately refunded
you and we have 'lost' the sale and monies removed from our account.

....Meanwhile we hope
that Amazon sort this for you and keep you informed of what happened when
and why and what they intend to do to improve the service."
Edited: 10/07/2011 at 14:52
11/07/2011 at 11:27
Worst of the lot is UPS.  All I did was order these printer toner cartridges from a shop in the Middle East, and I've had nothing but hassle ever since.....
Your say
email image
8 messages