Talkback: Just In - Columbia Peak 2 Peak Jacket

"The pockets are a tad small if you like to carry the contents of your kitchen about on your person and they won't take a map, but for us, t...

3 messages
26/10/2011 at 21:25
"The pockets are a tad small if you like to carry the contents of your kitchen about on your person and they won't take a map, but for us, they're adequate."

Don't typically keep maps in the kitchen, but do insist on pockets that will take one. It's fair enough that the Merkins haven't sized for an OS map because they don't have OS maps, but it'd stop me from buying one of these. So, Columbia take note for version 2. Kudos for realising that there's Proper Rain outside their design shop and putting a wire in the hood though

Pete.
Edited: 26/10/2011 at 21:26
15/03/2012 at 22:02
Based on the reviews I have read of the performance of the fabric and the design of the jacket purchased one of these in the Columbia Outlet Shop at Cheshire Oaks. They were available in the sale at £98 which seemed a bargain. Will give an update when I have used "on the hill".
22/05/2012 at 20:32
Cotswold have this Jacket on their website at the reduced price of £135 (RRP is £270).  Jon gave it a very favorable review and at the reduced price it is well worth the money.  The Columbia "own brand" fabric (omni-dry) it is made of is as at least as breathable as event and it has received favourable review's from American publications Outside (best in class) and Backpacker.  The jacket no longer features on the Columbia website so I assume it has been discontinued as Columbia now make the Compounder Shell Jacket which uses the same material but in a 2 ply version with mesh lining rather than the 3 ply fabric used in the Peak2Peak.
Your say
email image
3 messages