The North Face Store Leeds Opens This Week...

Whose in charge?

19 messages
24/04/2007 at 15:20
I understand that Cotswolds are in charge of the store, rather than Ellis Brigham who run the North Face store in Manchester. So what's the deal with TNF franchise? Anyone know?
24/04/2007 at 15:36
more importantly, what do you think the free gift will be and can i justify the £6 train fare to go there?
24/04/2007 at 15:41
A little less for me so I may well go there...
24/04/2007 at 15:46
Pass and pass...

As I understand it, the deal with TNF stores is that The North Face is happy to work with different retailers in different locations, but otherwise it's a similar formula: city centre location and most if not all of the TNF range available.

It's also not clear whether you have to buy something to qualify for the free gift.

OutdoorsMagic Editor | jon@outdoorsmagic.com 

24/04/2007 at 16:02
Don't know why Cotswolds didn't just open the store under their own name...
There's the usual Millets, Blacks and a Nevisport in the centre but that's all.
Edited: 24/04/2007 at 16:02
24/04/2007 at 16:19
The website does suggest free gift for the first 500 VISITORS, not customers (along with chance to win £1000 spending spree).

Ooooh and you can meet ....errrr....Kelvin Fletcher from Emmerdale ????

http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/stores/leeds.jphtml?Ref=
24/04/2007 at 16:19
The North Face® to Open New Retail Store in Leeds, UK on April 26

Located within the Victoria Shopping Centre, the store will offer a complete selection of authentic outdoor apparel, footwear, equipment and accessories.

For immediate release, April 20 2007: The North Face®, the world’s premier supplier of technically innovative outdoor apparel and equipment, is proud to open its newest European retail store in the city of Leeds, in the United Kingdom. The new flagship store will open on Thursday, April 26, in the prestigious Victoria Shopping Centre on King Edward Street.

“With its incredible heritage of adventure and discovery, Leeds is a city that shares our passion for exploring both the natural and the built environment,” said Patrik Frisk – VP/General Manager The North Face EMEA (Europe, The Middle East, Africa). “We hope both the local Leeds community, as well as its visitors, will recognize the store as not only great spot to find gear for outdoor adventures, but also as a gathering place and a resource for exploration and environmental stewardship,” Frisk added.

The Leeds store features 260 square meters of retail space on four levels and highlights contemporary outdoor products, while remaining true to the architectural vernacular of historic Leeds. Designed for outdoor enthusiasts and shoppers alike, the store will offer customers a visually stunning, exclusive shopping experience as they explore the most complete selection of The North Face® authentic products in the United Kingdom.

The North Face® collections featured at the new Leeds store include the Adventure Travel™ Collection, which draws on decades of innovative, technical design experience to offer essentials for any adventure. From travel bags to t-shirts, all the products in this collection are lightweight, functional, packable, and suitable for adventures near and far. Also featured is the Flight Series™ Endurance Collection, which enables ultra-distance athletes to maximize performance. Designed to meet the needs of endurance athletes and perform in ever-changing conditions, the apparel, footwear and equipment in this collection expand the options for long-haul athletes.
For the store design, The North Face® turned again to the Vicenza, Italy-based design firm Brombini & Saccardo, which carefully redesigned the historic location to express The North Face® philosophy, Never Stop Exploring™. As the building has been declared an historic monument by the city of Leeds, Brombini & Saccardo were careful to preserve original details like the wooden staircase, exposed brick wall, outer façade, old-fashioned chimney and the cornices. “Our design team strived to preserve the historic elements of this beautiful building,” explained principal architect Carlo Saccardo. “We married the building’s classic past with the modern innovations characteristic of The North Face® brand.”
In Leeds, The North Face is honoured to partner with Cotswold Outdoor, the UK's leading retailer for outdoor clothing and equipment, ‘’We're delighted with this new development which not only reinforces our ties with The North Face but gives anyone aspiring to get involved in the outdoors, a unique opportunity to see the entire range under one roof. We're proud to be associated with the world's most exciting brand and to be supporting it with our renowned customer service’’ said Hans Falkenburg Managing Director Cotswold Outdoor Ltd.

24/04/2007 at 16:20
Who is Kevin Fletcher from Emmerdale?

24/04/2007 at 16:25
Dunno. Is that like Emmerdale Farm?
24/04/2007 at 16:30
Some detailed in-depth research (well, OK, Google) led me here.....

http://www.emmerdale.org/emmerdale/profiles/andy/kelvin.htm

where I found Kelvin fletcher plays Andy Sugden.

Apparently amongst the actors favourite things are his Man Utd shirt, his Top Gear magazines and his silver Mini that he goes rallying in every weekend ..... so ....... great choice for opening an outdoors store.
24/04/2007 at 16:31
My dear NPC, Emmerdale Farm is so 20th century. Even I, despite never having seen a minute of it, know that they dropped the Farm years ago and it's just Emmerdale.

;-)

But who is Kevin Fletcher?
24/04/2007 at 16:37
amongst the actors favourite things are his Man Utd shirt

A great choice to open a store in Leeds, then

;o)
24/04/2007 at 16:38
My dear NPC, Emmerdale Farm is so 20th century. Even I, despite never having seen a minute of it, know that they dropped the Farm years ago and it's just Emmerdale.

;-)

Next you'll be telling me that the Reverend Hinton has retired.
The woman who played Annie Sugden used to live along our old street, you know.
24/04/2007 at 16:40
It just gets worse doesn't it...
Lets just not think of the place as an outdoors shop and more of another fashion brand shop for the Leeds nouveaux riche brigade
24/04/2007 at 16:42
>>A great choice to open a store in Leeds, then

Perhaps that's it - he's just there for people to try their boots out on.....

>>another fashion brand shop
Don't know if I've just started noticing it more, but there do seem to be an awful lot of people wearing TNF stuff as normal everyday wear nowadays - evn people that look like they wouldn't know a hill if they tripped over it.
24/04/2007 at 16:43

Apparently Eric Cantona was first choice, but he insists on wearing Paramo, so wouldn't do it.

24/04/2007 at 16:44
I don't think you'd be the first to notice TNF as a fashion brand...
24/04/2007 at 16:45
Hmmm... well I have "nothing" to do this week, so I might pop along to get a free gift.

In the past I've received a Nalgene bottle, sunblock, t-shirt and a handwarmer from TNF.
24/04/2007 at 17:03
Apparently Eric Cantona was first choice

...along with Joe Jordan I imagine, although at least JJ wouldn't be spouting poetry every verse end.
;o)
Your say
email image
19 messages