tgo at your local newsagents - complain here!

the place for you to let us know if you can't find tgo at your local!

1 to 20 of 53 messages
03/12/2004 at 12:02
Hi Folks,

One or two folks still seem to be having problems getting tgo at their local newsagent's.

If that sounds like you, please let us know.

For availability problems call Mhairi Prentice on 0141 302 7718 or email her at Mhairi.Prentice@tgomagazine.co.uk.

If you want to avoid the hassle (and maybe get yourself an insulate mug or other such luxury item in the process) the why not subscribe! Call carrie.watson@tgomagazine.co.uk on 0141 302 7744 and tell her editorial sent ya!

Otherwise feel free to post your related grumblings on this thread where we'll hopefully spot them in time to help.

Don't forget to let us know exactly which newsagent is running out or not receiving supplies, so we can help them cater for your demand & supply - and don't get too upset with them, they deal with hundreds of titles every day, while we have a big professional distributor who's paid to solve all our problems!

We editorial geezers and lasses don't want to work our socks off each and every month to produce sommat what you can't get!
03/12/2004 at 12:29
i have noticed that when the ad on the left appears notifying a new issue, the local whs doesn't have it until a couple of days after. do you tell us of a new issue on its issue date or on when its likelty to be in the shops after distribution time.
03/12/2004 at 12:33
WH Smith's, White Rose Centre, Leeds.
The guy on 'magazines' had never heard of 'tgo' nor 'The Great Outdoors'.

He riffled though his lists (on my insistence) and told me that it was published 'two days ago' and they don't get very many so they 'go' and suggested I bought Trial instead as it was the same kinda thing. I drove 100 miles to Cumbria and bought it there.

Not this month, I hasten to add. I haven't had the courage to drive to Leeds amongst the Christmas shoppers yet.

A local-ish shop does claim to stock it but it's rarely on the shelf long enough for me to catch it. The chap yesterday told me it should be on the shelf and suggested that maybe it is distributed to London before Yorkshire. (?)

He also told me that he had Trial (and Climber) if I wanted to buy that instead. At least he'd heard of it. He was in Candylines (the Roundhay Post Office) Roundhay Road, Leeds. There is no point asking them to deliver it as we've had issues in the past with non-delivery....

Hope this helps.
03/12/2004 at 12:34
p.s. the chap in the local shopp told me to keep calling in until it arrives - not easy with my present mobility problems :o(
03/12/2004 at 12:36
same problem as Parky with our WHS
03/12/2004 at 12:47
The main problem with Glossop seems to be the serial closure of newsagents full stop. My walk to buy a morning paper extends every six months as whichever newsagent I choose closes down months later. The current one varies the theme by going on holiday for ten days or so and simply closing down for the duration. I guess that when the competition has left the building, it doesn't really matter. The good news is that I can buy TGO very easily, though it'd be nice if it I were sent a copy, hint ;-)

OutdoorsMagic Editor | jon@outdoorsmagic.com 

03/12/2004 at 13:04
I am subscibed and I don't get a copy for several days after the advert to the left appears, maybe they have the same delivery route??
03/12/2004 at 13:06
You mean you don't get a copy supplied gratias as an industry insider?

Despicable!!
03/12/2004 at 13:13
The TGO guys get free access to OM, seems only reasonable...

03/12/2004 at 14:29
Hi all,

the tgo ads on OM usually appear just before the issue hits the shops, which is usually only just after subscription copies are despatched.

The OM guys are excellent at putting the stuff up as soon as we let them have it; any delays or notices posted a little too far in advance are usually due to our over-enthusiasm or slackness!

New copies should hit the shop on the first Thursday of the month. Eg the Feb issue will hit the shops on Jan 6. The Jan issue should have hit the shops yesterday.

Thanks everyone at OM!

And thank you all for the heads up to poor availability - keep it coming!
03/12/2004 at 14:32
Oh, and Jon, I emailed you a free copy a week ago, all as Quark files with pics etc linked as tifs - the delay is probably gonna be caused by the fact that it'll take two years to download on your dial-up analogue modem.

Computers, dontcha just luv 'em!

03/12/2004 at 14:47
I know its not TGO but I have loads of problems trying to get hold of AT Magazine as well.

WHSmiths use to stock it in Blackpool (where I live) but stopped months ago...arse!
03/12/2004 at 15:22
Technology, it'll never catch on...

AT is a small outfit which means that they have distribution constraints - most of the big magazinen companies like Emap and IPC now own associated distribution outfits which means they can muscle the small guys out of the way. If you really like the mag, you could always take out a subscription, something which gladdens the hearts and wallets of magazine publishers everywhere.

03/12/2004 at 16:47
I take it back mine obviously arrived after I left for work this morning!!!

<doh!!!>
03/12/2004 at 17:36
ian, what is AT magazine. a google trawl reveals nothing except thet every site includes the word at.
03/12/2004 at 17:37
I wouldn't particularly miss TGO to be honest. 'On The Edge however'....(boo hoo) :-(
03/12/2004 at 17:44
My local Morrisons stocks approximately 1,000,001 "Celebrity" magazines, a few copies of the Stun and the Mirrer, and Trial.

I can't even get Radio Times there most weeks so the chances of a tgo even once in a blue moon are nil.

I also get a copy approx. 2 years after publication date via my club's circulation list - to be honest I usually buy it from WHS in Northwich which is quite good, once I've got past the crowds of heavy browsers and pimply computer-types.

03/12/2004 at 17:45
I'm off tthe super Smiths on the other side of Swansea to see if it's there
03/12/2004 at 19:23
Got to shop asked bored teenager where TGO was "On the shelf somewhere". Found walking rag to find it was octobers issue.

Luclikly borders next door had it
03/12/2004 at 19:51
I might give in and subscribe.
1 to 20 of 53 messages