Trip Reports Section.

Please read this first.

1 to 20 of 35 messages
19/02/2010 at 11:59
The new 'Trip Reports' section of the forum is pretty much self-explanatory. It's there so you can add reports and images from your latest trips both in the UK and abroad. Right now it's just a simple forum section, but we may expand it in the future.

It would obviously make sense to title the thread with geographical information, so it's clear what's covered, but rather than us dicating what that is, we're open to suggestions.

Bear in mind, you can always add a route or GPX file to the Routes System and then link to it from your trip report so other people have access to the route data where relevant.

Initial thoughts maybe to preface all Trip Reports with TR, then area and sub area, you can use the decription field to add additional information, so a report on a recent trip to Helvellyn might read: TR: Lakes, Helvellyn area. The a description: 'Striding Edge in winter' or whatever else you'd like to add.

Suggestions? Fire away, it's your forum

OutdoorsMagic Editor | jon@outdoorsmagic.com 

19/02/2010 at 12:12

Hi Jon,

thanks for starting this new section.

Just tried to put the first thread up and have hit a snag as it says the post is too long. Not sure what the best solution to this will be but it'll certainly make doing a report very guddly if we have to split it over multiple posts.

Any suggestions?

19/02/2010 at 12:18
Hmmm.... I'll see if I can get the maximum forum post size extended.

19/02/2010 at 12:21
Let me know if you manage it and I shall continue to test it out
19/02/2010 at 12:25
Aye, keep us posted Jon, I might have one or two overseas trips to put on here
Edited: 19/02/2010 at 12:26
19/02/2010 at 12:44
I've asked whether we can extend maximum post length, maybe just on this one section. Will let you know. If people can post as Part One and Part Two for now, I should be able to amalgamate postings retrospectively.

19/02/2010 at 12:59
Jon could you also check out the max photo numbers per post too as this may also be what's leading to it being too big as well
19/02/2010 at 13:13
For those of us that are geographically challenged can we make some up
19/02/2010 at 13:16
put part 2 as the next post in the same thread. you don't need to create multiple threads for each part.
19/02/2010 at 13:46
Could 'Trip Reports' not use the infrastructure available for gear reviews?  It strikes me that it's a similar concept.
19/02/2010 at 13:50
Parky Again wrote (see)
put part 2 as the next post in the same thread. you don't need to create multiple threads for each part.

That man's a genius!!
19/02/2010 at 13:54
> That man's a genius!!

If only for expressing the unstated policy for handling long posts...
19/02/2010 at 13:54
lol. makes a change from "arse!"
19/02/2010 at 14:01
Matt C wrote (see)
Parky Again wrote (see)

That man's a genius!!

Phew! that's alright then, If Parky's a genius then a mere mortal such as myself couldn't have been expected to spot it.

19/02/2010 at 14:01

Thanks for alerting me to  my supreme blondeness Parky Have got Jon to remove my part 2 thread

19/02/2010 at 15:51
Could 'Trip Reports' not use the infrastructure available for gear reviews? It strikes me that it's a similar concept.

Possibly, but the routes system is about to be seriously revamped, so it's not quite that straghtforward. Actually, the idea with the routes system was that it would become something like that with the ability to upload comments, trip reports and so on plus forum-type discussions.

With hindsight, it might have made more sense to build a trip report section including the facility to upload route files and so on. That's quite possibly the future.

19/02/2010 at 18:38

A great idea.....I would have posted here this morning but I was as usual too early. Will post here in future.

Regards,

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

19/02/2010 at 23:17
This is a welcome addition to the forum
12/11/2010 at 11:41
Great..You are doing a good job..
22/02/2011 at 22:33

This is a wonderful post. The things given are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone.
--------
johncina

caravan parks

1 to 20 of 35 messages