Expedition and Photos

1 to 20 of 1,168 messages
01/08/2006 at 15:43
I normally add links to the photographs on my web site to the Bennachie thread but they quickly get lost as the volume of topics in the 'soap opera' changes so much and so quickly.

On this thread I would like to add a link to my walks, which I do on my own or as part of my business, for the informaton of the OM readers. However I do find that there is more interest in photographs than reading someones personal account of an expedition therefore at the start of each walk you will find a link to the photographs.

The walks may be of interest to those planning to venture into the same area although on the front page of my web site you can do a 'Google' search for an individual hill. It is only the mountains that I have climbed in the last few years that appear on my web site.

I hope you will enjoy some of the views and wildlife that I come across in the course of my work and leisure.

This is not a promotional thread I would like my walks and photographs available to a wider audience and the OM site has a large audience as I know from my postings over the last few years.

The first link to a walk will appear in the next post.

Slainte and enjoy.
01/08/2006 at 15:45
Edited: 01/08/2006 at 15:46
01/08/2006 at 18:00
01/08/2006 at 22:46
Good to see somebody taking the time to write about their walks, photos don't always give you the full picture.
02/08/2006 at 22:22
Ben Nevis via the arete on Friday 28 July.
07/08/2006 at 23:03
Rois-Bheinn Corbetts on Saturday 29 July.
08/08/2006 at 09:22
09/08/2006 at 09:26
Ascent of Munro Beinn Fhionlaidh

Unfortunately there are no photos as weather conditions weren't very good.
09/08/2006 at 22:44
10/08/2006 at 15:29
Meall nan Tarmachan on Monday 7 August
Edited: 10/08/2006 at 15:29
MoS
10/08/2006 at 20:40
Hi Lindsay,

I’ve just been looking at your Meall nan Tarmachan photos. You may want to check out your ‘For account of walk see http://www.caledoniahilltreks.com/walks/walks_in_ben_lawers.htm’ link, at the bottom of the page. It takes you back to your home page rather than the Walks in Ben Lawers, Glen Lyon and Glen Lochay page.

Thanks for the links, I’ve enjoyed your lovely photos and catching up on your travels:)

I'll be looking at your site a lot more soon, deciding where to go in Sept/Oct. I'm being cautious this year and waiting until the midgies are well and truly gone.
MoS
10/08/2006 at 21:26
I have corrected my errors Mistress and accept any reprimand.

Glad you like the photos.

By the way the midges aren't as bad this year. The clegs are worse.

I'm sure the North-West beckons for its geology. By the way the Inchnadamph Oudoor Centre come Bunkhouse have family rooms and the price includes a bit of breakfast. You may meet other geologists there as well.

Slainte.
MoS
10/08/2006 at 21:39
You're not thinking of Bennachie's naughty corner are you?

:)

Eeeuugh the clegs, I don't need reminding. We only had a few really bad days with the midgies and clegs in Assynt last year, but it was hot with no breeze and we were fairly low.

I expect we'll end up in the far N.W., you can't beat it. We've always rented a cottage in the past but I'd love to do some wild camping this year. I've not stayed at the Inchnadamph, but you can be sure of bumping into geologists up there. Just look for the wee hammer on their sack.
MoS
10/08/2006 at 21:46
Crackin' photos as always Lindsay, and equally enjoyable accounts of your walks, both solo and with clients.

Even without your links, I'm always a regular visitor to your site, as you know.

I know you don't go into great detail with routes, perhaps rightly so, but it's full of useful information, like where to park, washed out bridges, locked gates, deer stalking information etc. etc. etc.

I'd thoroughly recommend your site to anyone who is planning a trip to the Scottish mountains. Or indeed for "locals" just looking for ideas of where to go in our fine country.

It's also jam packed with details of every thing from short day walks, to multiple days on the hills.

SUPERB site, keep up the good work!!! :)

Edited: 10/08/2006 at 21:47
10/08/2006 at 21:49
btw, I'd agree... The midgies *don't* seem to be as bad this year. Perhaps that late bout of snow we had did made a difference.
10/08/2006 at 23:03
Thanks for your comments oot I'm glad it comes in useful. I am happy that the information is freely available to anyone who cares to search the web site for whatever reason.
15/08/2006 at 22:10
Ben Alder Group weekend 11 - 13 August.
15/08/2006 at 22:34
Lindsay, the rainbow one is wonderful! Reminds me of a series of graphic design postcards that came out when I was in my teens of rainbows in all sorts of strange places, coming out of bookshelves, windows etc.
Only this is real! Thanks.
15/08/2006 at 22:52
MK glad you liked it as it was slightly unusual in that the whole rainbow was below us. It initially blended in well with the summer colours of the hillside so I wasn't sure if the photo would come out or not.
16/08/2006 at 11:02
I've previously been following the links from the Bennachie thread but after reading Oot's post I have to say I use your site all the time as well.

As he said, it's great for access and parking information as well as routes and general info.

1 to 20 of 1,168 messages