Where to go at Easter?

Ideas please!

5 messages
25/03/2011 at 17:45

Hi all,

I'm wondering about going away at Easter to maximise the two bank holidays so close together (11 days off in a row for using 3 days holiday- suddenly I have become slightly more interested in the royal wedding).  I would ideally fly from Leeds, Manchester or Liverpool and am looking for a 7 or 8 day walk somewhere reasonably warm. I would have two days to travel either side of the walk.

I recognise that at this time of year if I want warmer then it will likely rule out going too high into mountains and so a lower level walk it'll probably have to be.  Warmer climes is the prerequisite but it doesn't have to be baking sunshine, just warmer than the UK.

The walk would have to be a loop or from A to B with sensible transport back to A from point B.

I am open to all ideas and would love to know what you all might suggest! Has anybody else gotexciting plans for Easter?

P.s. The only option that is ruled out is Corsica as I'm off to do the GR20 in June anyway.

25/03/2011 at 17:47

Have now seen the Andalucian Coast-to-Coast walk. Has anybody done it? In particular has anybody done the first 7 days and/or does anyone know what transport from Villanueva del Cauche back to Malaga is like?

Thanks.

edh
25/03/2011 at 17:48
Mallorca (I am biased)...mountains, sun, good transport links....
edh
SD
25/03/2011 at 19:29
I'm looking at walks around Malaga, mainly because my local airport,Humberside, has some cheaper flights there, but Mallorca has some good walks.
26/03/2011 at 08:31

Where to go Easter  ?

Church .

Your say
email image
5 messages