Tickets for the 2012 festival are now available and a printed programme will follow shortly
The Dundee Mountain Film Festival is the UK's longest continuous running mountain film festival. It showcases an international programme of speakers, all appearing at DMFF for the first time, and award winning films and exhibitions, held in the Dundee Rep Theatre's Bonar Hall.
There are four main film/speaker programmes with a further four supporting events, all presented under the one roof of the Bonar Hall as follows:
Auditorium (Ticket only)
- Friday evening: The Festival opens with four films, including 'Wide Boyz' from Paul Diffley, featuring two English climbers exploring the world of offwidth crack climbing. Julie Summers, renowned lecturer and mountain historian, presents a lecture on her great uncle, Sandy Irvine, lost with Mallory while attempting the summit of Everest in 1924.
- Saturday morning: Scottish filmmakers Jim Osborne and Alan Ferrier return to DMFF with films on walking on the Greek island of Tilos and theWest Highland Way. Scottish mountaineer, author and photographer Hamish Brown's presentation is on his beloved High Atlas Mountains of Morocco.
- Saturday afternoon: The first programme of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour features six individual films capturing adrenalin bursting extreme sports. Polish mountain photographer Lukasz Warzecha will speak about his photo shoot during the filming of Scotland's Dave MacLeod climbing the Long Hope Route on St John's Head, Hoy.
- Saturday evening: The second programme of the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour with a further four fantastic films. Ranulph Fiennes, the world's greatest living explorer, presents his extraordinary career of adventures at the Poles and on the highest peaks.
Downstairs Foyer (Free admission)
- Lukasz Warzecha exhibits his outstanding photography from the Himalaya and Scotland for the duration of the Festival. This exhibition is supported by Mountain Equipment
- Louise Scott is this year's artist with her work on theArcticbeing featured
Ustinov Room (Free admission)
- Trade and voluntary group stands will pack the upper floor and will be of great interest to every festival goer prior to the start of each programme and at each interval.
Upstairs Foyer (Free admission)
- There will be book sales and signings at the end of each evening by Ranulph Fiennes, Julie Summers and Hamish Brow
More details on the DMMF website www.dundeemountainfilm.org.uk
Tickets available from:
Tiso, 22/24 Whitehall Street, Dundee, DD1 4AF Tel: 01382 221153
Blacks Camping and Leisure, 47/49 Commercial Street, Dundee, DD1 3DG Tel: 01382 229424
Avertical World, 7/11 Blinshall Street, Dundee, DD1 5DF Tel: 01382 201901
Craigdon Mountain Sports, 25/29 Kinnoull Street, Perth, PH1 5EZ Tel: 01738 631006
Tiso Perth Outdoor Experience, Unit 1, Highland Gateway, Inveralmond ,Perth, PH1 3EE Tel: 01738 634464
By post (see application form on website) and at the door during the Festival, subject to availability.
At the Saturday morning and afternoon sessions only, children under 5 will be free, 12 and under will be half price, and these concessions will only be available at the door.